Who needs to wear a face mask/face covering? When must it be worn?
PVCA will follow the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) guidelines on when and where face masks/face coverings must be worn.
WHO NEEDS TO WEAR FACE MASKS/FACE COVERINGS?
- Students in grade two through grade twelve
- Employees, parents, and visitors
- Bus students while on the bus
WHEN MUST FACE MASKS/FACE COVERINGS BE WORN?
- Entering and exiting the building
- During indoor classtime
- Walking in hallways
WHEN WILL STUDENTS BE PERMITTED TO REMOVE FACE MASKS/FACE COVERINGS?
- During designated breaks
- During lunch
- During outside classtime, socially distancing six-feet apart
Are there exceptions to wearing face masks/face coverings at school?
Students who have a medical condition
Exempt students must:
- obtain validation from a medical doctor
- submit documentation to the school nurse and administration
- wear a face shield
- distance themselves a minimum of six feet from students wearing face masks/face coverings
Will the school provide face masks/face coverings?
It is the responsibility of the parents to provide a face mask/face covering for students.
- Three to five washable masks are recommended
- One extra face mask/face covering should be left at school
Only in an emergency situation will the school provide a face mask/face coverings.