MARTIN LUTHER KING JR. DAY
MONDAY, JANUARY 17
Pioneer Valley Christian Academy will be closed on Monday, January 17, in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. day. PVCA will reopen on Tuesday, January 18, at 7:45 am.
BOOSTER CLUB FUNDRAISER
VALENTINE’S DAY CARNATIONS
JANUARY 31-FEBRUARY 4
BOARD PRAYER MEETING
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 5
Members of the Pioneer Valley Christian Academy community are welcome to join the Board of Directors for a virtual monthly prayer meeting the first Saturday of each month beginning at 8:00 AM. To sign up for the prayer meeting, email PVCA Board Member, Mr. Robert Thoelen at firstname.lastname@example.org.
MONDAY, FEBRUARY 21-
FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 25
Pioneer Valley Christian Academy will be closed for winter break beginning Monday, February 21, through Friday, February 25. School will resume Monday, February 28, 7:45 AM.
SIGN-UP FOR TEXT ALERTS
School cancellations, classroom announcements, and/or special notifications will be sent to your phone via text message.
To sign up:
It is that EASY!
COVID HOME TESTS
With the rise of covid cases in Massachusetts PVCA has been accepting Covid Home Tests
If your child becomes symptomatic please keep them home and notify the school nurse or the front office staff.
Home kits are convenient and can be purchased at most pharmacies and grocery stores. You may also inquire about FREE testing kits available through your home town or city.
- For contact tracing, PVCA requires a copy of your child’s COVID result.
- Prior to submitting the form, please print your child’s first/last name and date of birth on the form, and then take a photo of the form and email it to the school nurse.
- When administering the home test, follow the manufacturer’s instructions to recieve the most accuarate test result.
- When swabbing, make sure to use a circular motion in both nostrils for at least 5 seconds
- Once the result is revealed, take a photo of the test and email it to the school nurse with the following information: student’s first and last name, date of birth, symptom start date, test date, test result, and home test brand, or fill out the form listed below.
PLEASE HAVE A MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL PERFORM A REPEAT COVID TEST IF
- Your home test was not done properly
- If your child’s result was negative, but is experiencing covid symptoms
A MESSAGE FROM THE SCHOOL NURSE
The Massachusetts Department of Public Health requires all school-age children to have an updated Physical Examination Form and a Physician Certificate of Immunization on file. Our records indicate that your child needs an updated Physical Examination (or an updated Physician Certificate of Immunization).
If your child has had a current physical, please submit it to the school nurse. In order for a student to be exempt from the Massachusetts immunization requirements a medical or religious exemption form must be annually submitted. Please refer to the following link for further information. https://pvcama.org/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Exemption-Letter-Final-Draft-PDF.pdf
Paperwork needs to be submitted to the front office, faxed to 413-782-8033, or emailed to email@example.com.
If you have further questions please call 413-782-8031 and ask to speak with the school nurse. Thank you for your cooperation.
UPDATED TARDY POLICY
Although we understand unforeseen circumstances can occur which prevent a student from arriving to school on time, Tardiness often results in missed important information in the classroom, as well as interruption of the learning environment for the teacher and other students.
Excused tardies include illness, death in the family, medical appointments, unforeseen emergency, (to be determined by the Administration) or prior arrangement with the Principal. Without a phone call or a note, your child’s tardy will be marked unexcused.
As a reminder, our school day begins at 7:45 AM. We appreciate your cooperation in having your student arrive on time to school. If you have any questions, or if we can be of assistance in any way, please do not hesitate to contact one of us via email Malissa Feragne / Edward Campolongo or by phone (413.782.8031).
Attention all “Dads & Grads
You are invited to participate in pick-up basketball games on Mondays, 7:30-9:00PM, in the PVCA gym.
The basketball games are for men who are either dads of PVCA students or are PVCA alumni.
If you have questions, please contact Slav Zenchenko at 413-883-0455.
Masks are optional.
PROTOCOL A: INDIVIDUAL WHO TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19
Students who test positive for COVID-19 must self-isolate for a minimum of 5 days after symptoms onset or after positive PCR or antigen test, if asymptomatic.
RETURN TO SCHOOL
Students isolate for 5 days, return on day 6 provided that they:
- Remain fever free for 24 hours (without taking fever-reducing medications)
- Improvement in all other symptoms
- Follow the 5-day isolation period, individuals must wear a mask for 5 days when around others.
PROTOCOL B: PROTOCOL FOR ASYMPTOMATIC CLOSE CONTACTS
Quarantine is at least 5 days from the date of exposure.
RETURN TO SCHOOL
Students isolate for 5 days return on day 6, provided that they:
- Adhere to strict mask use for an additional 5 days
- Remain asymptomactic
- Conduct active monitoring for symptoms through day 10
- Self-isolate if symptoms develop
- If an individual has symptoms at the time they are designated as a close contact or within the 5 days following initial exposure, they follow the protocol for symptomatic individuals (PROTOCOL C).
- If an individual tests positive at any time, they follow the protocol for individuals who test positive for COVID-19 (PROTOCOL A).
- For all those exposed, best practice would also include an antigen or PCR test for COVID-19 at day 5 after exposure. An antigen test may be self-administered and does not need to be proctored or performed by a healthcare professional.
PROTOCOL C-1: PROTOCOL FOR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUALS (TEST)
PROTOCOL FOR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUALS VACCINATED AND NON-VACCINATED WHO EXPERIENCE
COVID-19 SYPTOMS WHO HAVE TESTED POSITIVE FOR COVID-19.
PROTOCOL C-1 (RECOMMENDED)
RETURN TO SCHOOL POST-SYMPTOMS WITH A NEGATIVE COVID TEST.
Dependent on symptom resolution.
RETURN TO SCHOOL
Individuals may return to school after they:
- Have recieved a negative PCR or antigen test result for COVID-19. An antigen test may be self-administered and does not need to be performed by a healthcare professional.
NOTE - So long as the individual is not a close contact, if a medical professional makes an alternative diagnosis for the COVID-19-like symptoms, the individual may use this recommendation (e.g., for influenza or strep pharyngitis) in lieu of a PCR test of antigen test.
- Have improvement in symptoms
- Have been without a fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
- If the symptomatic individual was a close contact who is not exempt from testing and quarantine response protocols, after symptoms resolve and they receive a negative PCR test, they should follow Protocol B.
PROTOCOL C-2: PROTOCOL FOR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUALS (NO TEST)
ALTERNATIVE PROTOCOL FOR SYMPTOMATIC INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE NOT CLOSE CONTACTS AND CHOOSE NOT TO RECEIVE A COVID TEST IN ORDER TO RETURN TO SCHOOL.
Isolation is at least 5 days from symptom onset.
RETURN TO SCHOOL
After 5 days, returning on day 6, assuming they:
- Have improvement in symptoms or have been without fever for at least 24 hours without the use of fever-reducing medications.
-ASYMPTOMATIC, FULLY VACCINATED CLOSE CONTACTS ARE EXEMPT FROM TESTING AND QUARANTINE RESPONSE PROTOCOLS
-CLOSE CONTACTS WHO HAVE HAD COVID-19 WITHIN THE PAST 90 DAYS.
Thank you to all of the parents who have expressed a desire to volunteer their time at PVCA this year. We would love for you to fill out the attached form and join our Parent Volunteer Organization, or PVO. If you have questions regarding the PVO, you can contact:
Director of Marketing
*volunteers for school events, PVO fundraisers, and teacher appreciation
THE PVCA PRAYER LIST
The PVCA prayer list is updated daily and sent out monthly to subscribers. If you would like to sign-up for the PVCA prayer list or have a prayer request, fill out the form(s) below.
SUBSCRIBE TO THE PVCA PRAYER LIST
PRAYER REQUEST FORM
SCHOOL CLOSINGS & DELAYS
All notifications will be released by 6:00 AM
PVCA One Call Now
One Call Now is a service PVCA uses to alert the community with important notifications. Voice or text messages will be sent to you if our school must close or delay opening due to weather.
ALL PVCA families are automatically signed up for One Call Now unless they opt out.
PVCA Text Update
To receive text updates, text “ALERT” to 22300.
Be sure PVCA has your cell phone # on file and your cell provider allows you to receive text messages from a third party number.
Local News & Radio
Local Radio Station – WIHS 104.9 FM
The PVCA dress code, or standard of dress, is posted on the website under the parents tab. Please review the dress code to be sure your son or daughter is following it.
Common dress code violations are:
wearing shirts that are not polos such as t-shirts
wearing sweatshirts and hoodies with words or images
wearing shorts, dresses, or skirts that do not follow the fit requirements